General Purpose of the Job
The Installer / Loader is responsible for assisting with tent equipment installations / tear downs. The duties include, but are not limited to those listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Pull and load tent & related equipment with warehouse support:
Decipher load list and pull necessary equipment for job
Make necessary adjustments in load list and check load list against order
Communicate with operations / sales manager regarding any special notes
Check equipment off list as it is loaded on required paperwork
Secure load for safety
Load tools & operation equipment
• Safely install event tents/event equipment
Make necessary adjustments in load list and check load list against order.
Check weather conditions prior to & during installation.
Lay out drop cloth in area of tent to protect tent tops/vinyl
Install anchors (stakes / concrete weights) uniformly
Inspect tent for proper assembly
If applicable, install all other rented accessories per layout.
• Maintain tent job after installation and adjust per weather conditions
• Inspect tent and accessories for damages before removing. Complete paperwork if necessary
• Install / remove all equipment per manufacturer / company policy
• Repair minor tears, etc. on-site or tag for repair.
• Work with warehouse support to be sure truck is unloaded properly and that everything is returned to inventory.
• Communicate with supervisors; reporting any safety issues or equipment issues in a timely manner
• Adhere to all company/government policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Attend department, store and safety meetings.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Job Performance Standards
The following is a comprehensive list of the specific criteria by which a person in this position will be measured and graded for their performance for the purposes of performance reviews, merit increases and incentive compensation.
• Understands and adheres to all policy & procedures. Follows all safety standards.
• Understands the importance of and takes pride in the quality of their work. Has minimal errors on assigned routes, equipment is handled properly. Takes pride in their work.
• Takes responsibility / ownership in their work
Attendance / Punctuality
• Arrives to work on time for all scheduled shifts. Communicates scheduling conflicts with supervisor.
• Co-workers and supervisors can count on the employee to complete tasks and assist when needed.