General Purpose of the Job
Drivers will load and unload vehicles/ trucks and drive company vehicles to deliver equipment in full or partial loads following instructions on customer contracts and from supervisor. Drivers serve as the Company representative; communicating with customers on the correct use of equipment, obtaining customer signatures for delivery and missing and broken equipment reports. Drivers are responsible to ensure vehicles are clean and are in safe working order. Drivers are responsible for following all Safety Standards of the company as well as all DOT regulations of their license class.
This position will also assist with other duties as instructed by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Drives truck to deliver rental items to customer's home or place of business.
• Collects delivery signatures from customers, records quantities delivered including refused equipment on contract paperwork. Notifies supervisor of any problems at customer site including missing or damaged equipment and damage to the customer’s property.
• When necessary; pulls and loads rental equipment with driver’s helper and warehouse support. Decipher packing list and pull necessary equipment for job.
• This position may include: Frequently carrying, stacking and unstacking of equipment, carrying and moving equipment to the appropriate storage area, and loading and unloading equipment onto hand-trucks, lifts, dollies, forklifts and/or trucks. May frequently carry, lift, push, pull or move up to 50 pounds to a height of 3 to 5 feet; and occasionally carry, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the assistance of moving equipment or coworker.
• Inspects equipment for damage prior to loading. Makes necessary adjustments on the packing list and checks packing list against the customer order.
• Instructs customers on the correct usage of rental equipment.
• Counts and records items - both delivery and pick-up on correct paperwork. Notifies supervisor of missing or damaged equipment.
• Ensures all non-rental equipment supplies such as sledge hammers, tie straps, screwdrivers, etc. are loaded according to the requirements of each job.
• Records truck usage information on daily route paperwork.
• Acts as company liaison with clients; listens to, reports and helps to resolve service complaints.
• Sets up or tears down rental goods ordered by the customer.
• Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unused goods.
• Ensures truck is loaded in a safe manner.
• Maintains cleanliness of inside of truck cab and cargo areas.
• Reports all safety violations and incidents to supervisor.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures as well as and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
Job Performance Standards
The following is a comprehensive list of the specific criteria by which a person in this position will be measured and graded for their performance for the purposes of performance reviews, merit increases and incentive compensation.
Job Knowledge – Understands and adheres to all policy & procedures. Follows all safety standards.
Work Quality – Understands the importance of and takes pride in the quality of their work. Has minimal errors on assigned routes, equipment is handled properly. Takes pride in their work.
Initiative- Takes responsibility / ownership in their work
Attendance / Punctuality – Arrives to work on time for all scheduled shifts. Communicates scheduling conflicts with supervisor.
Dependability – Co-workers and supervisors can count on the employee to complete tasks and assist when needed.
-----$900 Sign On Bonus-----
•$300 payable on first check
•$300 payable first check after 90 days of employment
•$300 payable first check after 180 days of employment
*employee must be currently employed with Marquee at time payment is made.