Marquee Event Rentals is the premier Event Planning Company. Marquee combines great people and products to provide our customers with more event expertise and the deepest inventory in the industry. Our passionate team of experts are 100% committed to ensure client satisfaction every day, every event.
General Purpose of the Job
The Dock Associate is responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, the duties outlined below. The Dock Associate is an essential role in the day to day operations of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Loading / unloading company trucks
• Prepare orders for delivery in staging areas in advance of loading date
• Greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of rental equipment as needed. Be sure customer understands proper usage and safety features of rented equipment. If loading, securely fasten equipment to customer’s vehicle.
• Follow cleaning procedures for returned equipment which may include use of pressure washers, chemicals, compressed air and kitchen and laundry cleaning equipment.
• Inspect equipment for defects upon return / prior to loading
• Report issues with equipment to direct supervisor
• If responsible for counting in/out items, mark all paperwork accordingly and turn in daily
• Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and neat
• Stock service area
• Communicate effectively with supervisor
• Report safety violations to supervisor
• Adhere to all company and government safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Perform other duties as requested
Job Performance Standards
The following is a comprehensive list of the specific criteria by which a person in this position will be measured and graded for their performance for the purposes of performance reviews, merit increases and incentive compensation.
• Understands and adheres to all policy & procedures. Follows all safety standards.
• Understands the importance of and takes pride in the quality of their work. Has minimal errors on assigned routes, equipment is handled properly. Takes pride in their work.
• Takes responsibility / ownership in their work
Attendance / Punctuality
• Arrives to work on time for all scheduled shifts. Communicates scheduling conflicts with supervisor.
• Co-workers and supervisors can count on the employee to complete tasks and assist when needed.
-----$900 Sign On Bonus-----
•$300 payable on first check
•$300 payable first check after 90 days of employment
•$300 payable first check after 180 days of employment
*employee must be currently employed with Marquee at time payment is made.