Marquee Event Rentals is the premier Event Planning Company. Marquee combines great people and products to provide our customers with more event expertise and the deepest inventory in the industry. Our passionate team of experts are 100% committed to ensure client satisfaction every day, every event.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Account Executive proactively prospects, sells and grows event rental products and services while retaining an existing customer base in an assigned prospect, geographic or industrial segment. The Account Executive is responsible for producing and executing to an annual strategic business plan that will be approved by local management and senior executives. Additionally, the Account Executive is responsible for working with and participating with local Director of Sales and sales teams in a productive value and manner that benefits their team position within the sales organization. This position will also assist with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES.
This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Consults with clients to determine event details; recommends appropriate rental products, product setup and event layout based on the client’s needs.
• Conducts site inspection and/or measures and records event site for tenting and space planning
• Prepares presentations and proposals for client meetings; attends client logistic and event planning meetings, and post-production client debriefings.
• Partners with operations to ensure a smooth sales to operations hand off
• Analyzes market potential and creates executable business plans.
• Proactively maintains and expands assigned strategic accounts in geographic or industry segment area.
• Acquires, develops and increases their book of business’s growth targets
• Builds long-term relationships with existing and prospective customers in an assigned area.
• Follows Marquee Event Rentals’ sales process when interacting with prospects and clients.
• Follows-up with appropriate prospect management to answer questions and close the sale.
• Manages a high volume of sales prospects and opportunities.
• Utilizes company resources in the pursuit and production of new revenue opportunities and maintenance of current client revenue base.
• Reviews expectations and/ or timelines of customer events with operational and event staff in internal production meetings; if required attends customer events to supervise installation and/or directs event staff during installation.
• Prepares or oversees the entry of customer orders and production schedules/ timelines; verifies entered orders for accuracy; works with clients on revisions/ additions.
• Develops and maintains an awareness of the market and competitive trends and responds accordingly.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the company’s services, product line and pricing structure.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
• Reports to the Regional Sales Director