Marquee Event Rentals is the premier Event Planning Company. Marquee combines great people and products to provide our customers with more event expertise and the deepest inventory in the industry. Our passionate team of experts are 100% committed to ensure client satisfaction every day, every event.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a part of the event team, the Account Executive proactively prospects, sells and grows event rental products and services while retaining existing customer base in an assigned prospect segment, geographic area or industrial segment. The Account Executive is responsible for producing and executing to an annual strategic business plan that will be approved by local management and senior executives. Additionally, the Account Executive is responsible for working with and participating with local Director of Sales and sales teams in a productive value and manner that benefits their team position within the sales organization. This position will also assist with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES.
This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
· Analyzes market potential and creates executable business plans.
· Proactively maintains and expands assigned strategic accounts in geographic or industry segment area.
· Identifies and manages targeted client prospects according to assigned minimum revenue potential.
· Acquires, develops and increases book of business meeting growth targets in business plan.
· Builds long-term relationships with existing and prospective customers in an assigned area.
· Follows Marquee Event Rentals’ sales process when interacting with prospects and clients.
· Prepares and delivers sales presentations to prospects and current clients.
· Responsibly represents the company’s offering and pricing to prospects and current clients.
· Follows-up with appropriate prospect management to answer questions and close the sale.
· Manages multiple sales prospects and opportunities.
· Consults with clients to determine event details; recommends appropriate rental products, product setup and event layout based on the client’s needs; conducts site inspection and/or measures and records event site for tenting and space planning; where appropriate prepares presentations and proposals for client meetings; attends client logistic and event planning meetings, and post-production client debriefings.
· Orchestrates company resources in the pursuit and production of new revenue opportunities and maintenance of current client revenue base.
· Reviews expectations and/ or timelines of customer events with operational and event staff in internal production meetings; if required attends customer events to supervise installation and/or directs event staff during installation.
· Prepares or oversees the entry of customer orders and production schedules/ timelines; verifies entered orders for accuracy; works with clients on revisions/ additions.
· Develops and maintains an awareness of the market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of the company’s available services, product line and pricing structure.
· Follows all procedures for safety violations and injuries.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
· Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
· Attends department, location and safety meetings.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The following is a comprehensive list of the specific criteria by which a person in this position will be measured and graded for their performance for the purposes of performance reviews, merit increases and incentive compensation.
Managing the Sales Process
Results-Orientation – Focuses on improving performance, meeting goals, and producing results.
Initiative – See opportunities and acts on them.
Information Seeking – Gathers facts, ideas and opinions needed for analyzing situations, solving problems, or making decisions.
Problem Solving – Identifies problems and tests alternative solutions to achieve the best outcome.
Managing the Customer Relationship
Empathy – Recognizes and responds to others’ feelings and concerns.
Networking – Develops contacts and relationships to facilitate getting work done and to expand one’s opportunities.
Influencing Others – Persuades, convinces, or influences others to change their viewpoint or accept a desired course of action.
Customer Service Orientation – Understands customers’ needs and responds promptly and appropriately; is seen as a valued partner.