Director of Sales & Marketing - Kansas City
This position is no longer available.
Director of Sales – Kansas City
Marquee Event Rentals is the premier Event Planning Company. Marquee combines great people and products to provide our customers with more event expertise and the deepest inventory in the industry. Our passionate team of experts are 100% committed to ensure client satisfaction every day, every event.
This position is responsible for building successful teams, delivering positive sales results, developing customer relationships, prioritizing customer satisfaction and playing a key role in the creation of Marquee’s sales methodology. Recruits, trains, and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of sales and profitability goals. Develops and establishes plans and strategies for both B2B and B2C customers to maintain and grow existing base. Ability to perform in a fast paced, complex live event environment. This position is responsible for the coaching, development and on-going education of sales team members.
Corporate / Admin
- Sales Management
- Provides leadership to sales teams within assigned territory
- Follows the Sales Management Process when scheduling and conducting team member 1 on 1 meetings and quarterly progress meetings
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key clients
- Ensures all initiatives and guidelines are being followed
- Guides team in developing sales strategy and approach
- Creates, evaluates and assists in the presentation of proposals
- Team Development - · Recruit, interview and hire sales team members as needed · Provide initial onboarding and ongoing development of sales team
- Monitor and coach sellers through the participation in live customer interactions, Ensures complete understanding of company systems and tools
- Customer Relationships · Consistently interacts with key customers at events or during sales visits · Plans and participates in client engagement events · Joins industry organizations and regularly attends events · Assists team members in any service recovery efforts
- Driving Results · Delivers on company revenue and profitability expectations · Follows all company strategies on labor billing, discounting and cost analysis · Joins industry organizations and regularly attends events · Contributes to the creation and adjustment of Marquee’s sales methodology
- Four year degree (Bachelors) in business, sales or marketing preferred; proven track record of success and achievement with three to five years sales management experience or three years Marquee management or sales executive experience. Experience will preferably be in the hospitality, managed services or advertising/sales industries. Proven top performer with leadership skills and ability to drive sales teams.
- Language Ability: Strong communication skills required. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to author sales strategies, employee reviews and other complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Familiar with CRM/contact management system.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises the sales team in assigned market to include sales executives, sales assistants and sales associates.
You may submit your resume to email@example.com or apply online at https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/fcea5a86